Just Drums is very excited for the release of this pedal. DW packed years of meticulous engineering into the DWCPMDD – and it shows. Machined from solid aluminum, the DWCPMDD gives you smooth, effortless action, courtesy of DW’s innovative Fulcrum Geometry linkage. In fact, it’s loaded with cool, drummer-centric features such as a perforated footboard with contoured heel plate, interlocking Delta hinge, Tri-Pivot swivel toe clamp, Vertical Sliding Spring Adjustment, control beater with adjustable weight/impact, and more. If you’ve been wondering what a direct-drive kick pedal can do for your drumming, check out the DW DWCPMDD.
DW DWCPMDD Machined Direct Drive Kick Pedal at a Glance:
- What do you want from a kick pedal?
- Direct drive for quick, responsive feel
- DW quality provides the sound and performance serious drummers demand
What do you want from a kick pedal?
In the design of the DWCPMDD, DW reconsidered the role of the bass drum pedal in the kit. What do you want from your pedal? Fluidity, first of all – you want it to be an extension of your body, your mind – or preferably, your subconscious! As a driver of the music, it needs to be ultra-responsive, and the direct-drive DWCPMDD certainly is that. Whether you’re feathering kicks in your jazz combo or driving a djent juggernaut, the DWCPMDD can ace the gig. We realize that kick pedals are highly personal, but the DWCPMDD is so outstanding, it deserves your serious consideration.
Direct drive for quick, responsive feel
Direct-drive pedals have a solid linkage between the footboard and beater assembly, which obviates the need for a traditional cam. This eliminates the slight lag time that can occur with a chain- or strap-drive model, giving you a quick, responsive feel that’s ideal for any musical style, and particularly appreciated by fleet-footed metal drummers. The smooth surface of the DWCPMDD’s perforated solid-aluminum, split footboard is perfect if you’re a drummer who rocks a kick drum technique like Dave Weckl’s, sliding your foot forward to play double and triple strokes.
DW quality provides the sound and performance serious drummers demand
For over 30 years, DW has made some of the most revered drums, pedals, stands, and other drum hardware out there. It all began with an innovative adjustable trap-case seat. Not only was this the first of DW’s many breakthrough hardware designs, but it showed the world that they really understand what drumming is all about. On top of that, DW craftsmanship has more than set the bar for drum makers everywhere. Discover this commitment to quality for yourself in every drum and piece of DW hardware you buy.
DW DWCPMDD Machined Direct-drive Kick Pedal Features:
- Machined from solid aluminum; direct-drive cam with pivot adjustment
- Smooth, effortless action, courtesy of DW’s innovative Fulcrum Geometry linkage
- Perforated solid-aluminum footboard with contoured heel plate
- Interlocking Delta hinge; Tri-Pivot swivel toe clamp
- Drive linkage and cam with Threaded Bearing Technology
- Vertical Sliding Spring Adjustment
- Control beater with adjustable weight/impact
DW Machined Direct Drive Single Pedal
The MDD (Machined Direct Drive) pedal is the first-ever DW direct drive pedal and the only direct drive pedal on the market featuring Floating Rotor Technology™. The result is quick, smooth, responsive and yes, powerful. The game has been changed.
• Solid precisely-machined pedals made from aircraft-grade aluminum
• Optimized Fulcrum Geometry linkage
• Threaded Bearing Technology (TBT) in the drive linkage and cam
• Tri-pivot swivel toe clamp
• Made In California